for Students & Faculty in Psychology
at East Carolina University
30 Best Teachers of All Time
Academic Advising Collaborative
-- lots of advising resources here, including an advising manual for faculty
Academic Integrity -- policy revised in 2011
Center -- Among other things, help finding a job
Catalogs - graduate and undergraduate,
available from Academic Affairs
Change of Advisor Request -- no longer requires a form, just see
Vines in the Psychology Undergraduate Studies Office in Rawl.
Change of Major or Minor -- no longer requires a form, just see
Latoya Vines in the Psychology Undergraduate Studies Office in Rawl.
Course Levels and Course Selection -- you
can take courses one level higher than your year in school.
Course Substitution Form --
substitute one course for another
Changes -- these apply starting with the 2014-2015 catalog.
-- track what degree requirements you have already completed and which you
need to complete in the future.
Double Majors -- Declaring them and doing the
Dropping a Course (now known as withdrawing from a class)
Forgiveness Policy and
Forgiveness Policy Trumps the Grade Replacement Policy
Forms from Registrar's Office
- Forms for Psychology Field Study,
Research, and Theses. Needed to get permission to register for such
Language Placement Tests -- you can take it online.
- Catch 22 -- If you place out of all
of the first four semesters you still have to take another foreign language
Educations Requirements -- changes effective with the 2017-2018 catalog
Calculator -- figure out what grades you need make in the future to get
the GPA you desire
- GPA in the Major -- what courses count towards
required 2.0 GPA in the major
Graduation, Application -- complete this form, online, at least two
semesters prior to graduation.
- Graduation-Students -- Outline of what
the student needs to do to graduate
- Graduation-Walk -- yes, you can walk in May even though you won't finish
your degree requirements until summer school.
- Incomplete Grades, Extending the
Deadline for Removal
- Incomplete Grades, Removing Them, Graduate -- for
graduate students, must be done within one year
- Incomplete Grades, Removing Them,
Undergraduate -- for
undergraduate students, must be done the next semester
- MATH 0001 and 0045 -- remedial courses
that count towards GPA but not towards hours needed for graduation.
- MATH 1066 -- Better than MATH 1065 for Psychology
- Major and Minor Hours -- can a course
apply towards both major and minor? The answer is complex.
- Minor in Psychology
- Minors for Psychology Majors
- Premed Advising -- Advising for students
who wish to go on to medical school
- PSYC 4250 -- Senior seminar, capstone
course, advanced topics seminar -- how to find out what the topic is.
Psychology Major -- In order to declare a major in psychology, an
undergraduate must have at least 40 s.h. of completed coursework, a minimum
cumulative GPA of 2.3 and at least a grade of “C” in PSYC 1000 or PSYC 1060.
- Psychology Home Page at ECU -- main
entry point for our web site.
Majors Advising Center -- Marvelous new resource for Psychology majors.
- If you are a PSYC major, you should have access to the PSYC Majors
- Readmission --
students who have not been registered at ECU for one or more semesters must
apply for readmission if they wish to return.
- Recommendations -- form to
complete to help faculty write letters recommending you for admission to
graduate school -- designed to be completed electronically in Microsoft
Research Opportunities for Undergraduate Students in Psychology
Standards -- Changed effective Autumn, 2011
Self-Service Banner Public Entry -- does not require a log-in to
view course schedules
- Statistics Advising -- you may be able to substitute another stats
course for PSYC 2101.
- Thesis, Senior
-- a summary of what is expected of the student completing a senior
Tuition and Fee Structure Suspended for Summer, 2015
- Tutors in Psychology
-- get help for that difficult class
- UNC Online -- Students in the UNC system
can register for online classes at campuses other than their own.
- Volunteer and
Service Learning Center -- get involved in community service.
They are on Facebook
- Writing Portfolio -- Required of students taking a writing intensive
course, including senior thesis.
- Considering Graduate School
-- resources for the student considering applying to graduate
- Graduate Student Handbooks (ECU, Psychology)
- Retention and Termination
For Advisors Only, Available
in our BlackBoard Site, Under "Other Stuff."
BIC Reports -- dandy facility for obtaining reports on course enrollments,
room usage, room attributes, and more, including Class Rosters with GPAs
Checksheets -- for tracking students' progress towards degree
- Composite Minor
- Grade Point Average -- at least 2.0 in Psychology
required to graduate -- details and a calculator are provided.
- Degreeworks Instructions
If you have questions about your major in Psychology and your advisor is unable
to answer them, I recommend that you contact
Majors' Advising Center .
Contact Information for the Webmaster,
Dr. Karl L. Wuensch
This page most recently revised on 12-December-2017.