Internet Sites for World Civilization to 1500
Dr. Kenneth Wilburn
Department of History
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC, USA 27858
Click on your Internet assignment below and follow instructions given in class and your journal.
Journal Internet Assignments:
- 21 May: Calculate your birthday according to the Jewish and Islamic calendars below. Print out each result. Calculate the Muslim prayer times for Greenville, NC for 21 May 2014 and print out the result. Summarize and react to the introductions of the two calendars in a single Internet journal entry.
- 27 May: Explore Ancient Egypt, British Museum
- 29 May: Two online papers consider our class film, Keita: The Heritage of the Griot. Discuss the issues raised in The Past to Future Keita, Dawn Hendrix and The Significance of the Griot, Eli Smith, students of Cora Agatucci, Central Oregan Community College. We will watch the film in class.
- 3 June: China the Beautiful, Ming L. Pei
- 5 June: Explore the Edicts of King Ashoka, Ven. S. Dhammika, Berkeley
- 10 June: Explore Judaism 101, Tracey Rich
- 16 June: Explore the Dead Sea Scrolls, Project Judaica Foundation, Library of Congress, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- 19 June: Mohammadís Last Sermon, Paul Halsall, Internet Medieval Source Book, Online Reference Book, Fordham
Return to the Academic Home Page, http://core.ecu.edu/hist/wilburnk/
First Online Edition: 18 June 1997
Last Revised: 12 May 2014