Questions for the Jules Benjamin Assignment
Dr. Kenneth Wilburn
Department of History
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC, USA 27858
Academic Home Page: http://core.ecu.edu/hist/wilburnk/
Jules Benjamin, A Student's Guide to History:
Restate and respond to the questions that follow. Your response to each question should be no longer than two paragraphs. After answering all questions, react to the assignment.
- When historians investigate the past, they use evidence and test its reliability. Discuss the forms of evidence and methods of testing.
- Discuss the use of computer technology in historical research.
- What is a philosophy of history?
- Identify the major schools of historical interpretation.
- What can you do with the knowledge you will gain from this history course?
- How should you read our survey text?
- Describe the best way to take notes in class.
- How should you give a formal class talk?
- Our final exam is in essay format. What should you do to make an "A" on the final exam?
- What is plagiarism?
- Analyze "How to Write a Research Paper." Briefly discuss the structure of a research paper.
Return to the Academic Home Page, http://core.ecu.edu/hist/wilburnk
First Online Edition: 23 May 1997
Last Revised: 29 August 2014